Does buying lottery ticket from a particular store bring you luck? Maybe and maybe not as lotteries are games of chance and nothing can be predicted to win or to lose but certain stores are really lucky for many punters who have won millionaires buying lotto tickets from them. Here are the few stores in South Australia which you can visit when thinking of buying Australian lottery and winning a big prize.
Luckiest store and their post codes in SA to play and win lotteries
Recently the lotto agent in Virginia, on the rural outskirts of Adelaide, celebrated a winning streak after selling the first prize $200,000 tickets in the Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot for both Monday and Tuesday draws in April 2019. A South Australian lotto shop could be the country’s luckiest place to buy lottery tickets after selling two winning Mega Jackpot draws in as many days.
The odds were in favour of Virginia Lotteries Kiosk at the Virginia Shopping Centre after the outlet sold a Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot 1st Prize of $200,000. The win was followed by a second Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot 1st Prize win of $200,000 sold at the same kiosk
Visit Virginia Shopping Center Shop 2a/ Old Port Wakefield Rd, Virginia SA 5120.
The northern suburbs also feature high on the list of most successful areas, with 14,972 winning tickets purchased in postcode 5108, which centres on Salisbury and Paralowie, followed by 11,042 in the 5114 postcode, which includes Smithfield and surrounding suburbs.
Visit X Lotto Kiosk Shop 9A, Paralowie Plaza Lottery Kiosk, 337 Whites Rd
Visit Paralowie Village Lotteries Paralowie Village Shopping Centre, 3 Liberator Dr
Then comes Mount Gambier, the southern suburbs around Morphett Vale and Woodcroft, Modbury, West Lakes and the Warradale/Oaklands Park district. Port Pirie and Gawler round out the top 10.
Visit Foxies Deli, 127 Commercial St E, Mount Gambier SA 5290, Australia
Visit Rosaville Takeaway & Lotteries, 234 Commercial Street West, Mount Gambier SA 5290, Australia
Visit Western Tavern, 178 Jubilee Hwy W, Mount Gambier SA 5290, Australia
Those postcodes feature in a similar order when it comes to total prizemoney, except that Stirling tops the list thanks to the first-prize winner who is in line for the 20-year, $4.8 million payout.
More than $100,000 has been won in each of six postcodes across the Hills, CBD, northern and southern suburbs and Mt Gambier.
The post codes 5152 Stirling and surrounds won $4.8 million First Prize ($20,000 a month for 20 years) plus $23,547 in other prizes, 5000 Adelaide CBD had wins $1,060,192, 5108 Salisbury and Paralowie with $192,005, 5114 Smithfield and surrounds won $150,949 and 5290 Mount Gambier won $116,252
The post codes 5162 Morphett Vale and Woodcroft won $114,080, 5092 Modbury won $95,386, 5021 West Lakes won $89,233, 5118 Gawler and surrounds won $85,280 and 5046 Warradale and Oaklands Park won $84,379
The other lucky hotspots in Australia
- In Queensland, there was a tie between 4127 for Springwood and 4217 for Surfers Paradise / Bundall / Runaway Bay, with each selling four (4) division one wins totalling $27,497,085.80 and $1,406,025.18 respectively.
- In New South Wales, the postcode of 2166 for Cabramatta sold four (4) division one wins totalling $18,666,666.67.
- In the ACT, there was a tie between 2912 for Gungahlin and 2903 for Wanniassa, which each selling two (2) division one wins totalling $2,666,666.67 and $1,282,121.14 respectively.
- In Victoria, the postcode of 3082 for Mill Park sold four (4) division one wins totalling $9,073,608.68.
- In Tasmania, the postcodes in the northern part of the state, including Launceston, sold six (6) division one wins totalling $5,360,787.32.
- In the Northern Territory, the postcode of 0812 for Leanyer delivered the territory’s biggest division one wins totalling $3,333,333.34.