It was all cheers from a Sydney man who celebrated not one but two lottery wins in 2018 in a weeks time. The unidentified man, in his 40s and from the suburb of Bondi, picked up Aus$1,020,487 on Monday of a week in May and then scooped another Aus$1,457,834 on coming Saturday of the same week and month.
WhenNSW Lotteries informed him of his good fortune he was not able to digest the while story. The chances of winning twice in such a short period of time must be non-existent. Asked what he would do with the cash, he said: “I’m not going to be stupid with it.” He plans to invest in some Sydney real estate, buy a new car and “a holiday to Honolulu goes without saying”.
Lottery organisers could not estimate the likelihood of winning twice in a week, but the odds of winning once are one in 1.845 million.
The NSW spokesperson said that they have had people win twice in their lifetime, but not twice in a week. It is very unusual and unique. The previous biggest recent winner was a man from Victoria state who woke up Aus$55 million richer in January 2018.
The man purchased both tickets from Bondi Sixway News on Hall Street. Pren Kumari Tamang, team member at Bondi Sixway News, said she was excited to hear the outlet had sold a division one winning entry.
As well as winning the division one prize of $1 million, the happy winner’s System 11 entry also won division three 30 times and division four a remarkable150 times, bolstering his total prize $1,020,487.00. The six winning numbers in Monday & Wednesday Lotto draw 3762 on Monday 7 May 2018 were 17, 39, 38, 33, 14 and 8. The supplementary numbers were 44 and 5.
Across Australia there were only one division one winning entry in Monday & Wednesday Lotto draw 3762 – the one from New South Wales. The Lott’s division one winning tally has now reached 357 so far this financial year, including 109 won by NSW Lotteries customers.
How to play Monday & Wednesday Lotto?
Monday & Wednesday Lotto is a game of chance where 6 winning numbers and 2 supplementary numbers are selected from one lottery draw barrel of 45 numbers. Monday & Wednesday Lotto offers a guaranteed $1 Million top prize for up to 4 winners in each draw.
There are 6 prize divisions in Monday & Wednesday Lotto. To win the top prize (Division 1) your entry needs to match all 6 winning numbers in a single game. You can also win a prize with as little as 1 or 2 winning numbers plus 2 supplementary numbers.
Monday & Wednesday Lotto draws close at 7:30pm AEST each Monday and Wednesday night, and the draw takes place shortly after. The latest results for most of the games are generally available on the day of draw by 9:00pm (AEST). Dividends for each game are updated following the draw and are generally available on the morning following the draw.
- You can purchase your Monday & Wednesday Lotto entry in-store, online at The Lotts website or via the Lott App.
- When buying your Monday & Wednesday Lotto entry you first choose the way you want to play.
- A QuickPick is the easiest way to play, where the number of games you play is fixed and your numbers are randomly generated for you.
- A Marked entry lets you choose how many games you would like to play, plus you can select the numbers that are meaningful to you, and even save them as a Favourite for next time. You can play up to 18 games by marking a coupon in-store, or up to 50 games when creating your own entry online.
- Once you’ve decided which way to play, you can add more to your Monday & Wednesday Lotto entry for more chances to win!
- A System entry allows you to pick more numbers from the barrel of 45. You can pick from 7 to 20 numbers, giving you more chances to win multiple prize divisions.
- A Pick entry guarantees you either 1 or 2 winning numbers.
- You can also choose how long you want to play for.
- If you’re planning a holiday or won’t be able to make it to your local store, you can purchase an entry into an Advance draw, or play your entry across multiple draws with a Multi-Week entry.
- If you play online you can subscribe to your entry to automatically play into every draw.
- You can also play a Syndicate where you play as a group to have more chances of winning. With a Syndicate entry, you can pool your money with a group of players to buy bigger entries, which could increase your chance of winning. If your syndicate wins, the prizes are shared amongst all group members!
- The Monday & Wednesday Lotto winning numbers are usually available no later than Monday and Wednesday 9:00pm (AEST) via the Lott website.
- Check your Monday & Wednesday Lotto ticket online, in-store, or scan your ticket using the Lott App. You can view the official Game Rules for Monday & Wednesday Lotto here.
How to play Saturday Lotto?
Saturday Lotto is a game of chance where 6 winning numbers and 2 supplementary numbers are selected from one lottery draw barrel of 45 numbers.
- Saturday Lotto offers an estimated Division 1 prize pool of $4 Million every Saturday, and $20 Million or more during Superdraw events!
- There are 6 prize divisions in Saturday Lotto. To win the top prize (Division 1) your entry needs to match all 6 winning numbers in a single game. You can also win a prize with as little as 1 or 2 winning numbers plus 2 supplementary numbers.
- Saturday Lotto draws close at 7:30pm AEST every Saturday night, and the draw takes place shortly after. The latest results for most of the games are generally available on the day of draw by 9:00pm (AEST). Dividends for each game are updated following the draw and are generally available on the morning following the draw.
- You can purchase your Saturday Lotto entry in-store, online or via the Lott App.
- Saturday Lotto winning numbers are usually available no later than Saturday 9:00pm (AEST) via the Lott website.
You can check your Saturday Lotto ticket online in-store or scan your ticket using the Lott App. You can view the official Game Rules for Saturday Lotto here.