The lottery called ‘Set for Life” has now really set on the minds of Australians. This brand new young lottery was brought by Gaming giant Tatts Group last year in August 2015. It is the first inter-state lottery to be launched in almost two decades. The last such lottery was Powerball, launched in 1996 and, like Powerball, the idea behind the game comes from America. Market research has shown that Australians are seeking a win in this lottery that will enhance their lives and give them the financial security to enjoy.
Set For Life Facts
- Set for Life is based upon similar lotteries in the US such as Win For Life, Cash4Life and Lucky For Life. Similar lotteries also exist north of the border in Canada.
- It adds an interesting twist not found in existing Australian lotteries; instead of winning a lump sum jackpot, Set for Life winners get paid $20,000 every month for twenty years. So that’s $240,000 a year, or $4.8 million in total.
- There are up to 4 guaranteed 1st Prizes in every Set for Life draw. To win the 1st Prize, players must correctly choose the 8 Winning Numbers drawn from 37 in a single SET for that draw. There are eight Prize Levels to be won.
- Second prize is seven winning numbers and a bonus number, which wins a one-off cash figure.
- Third prize is seven winning numbers and so on to eighth prize, which is four winning plus one or two bonus numbers.
- The lottery draw is conducted every night of the week, 365 days each year and the draw close off is 8.30 PM AWST.
- When you play Set for Life, you don’t just play your SETS of numbers in a single draw, these numbers are played every day across 7 consecutive daily draws. Players can also start their 7 day Set for Life entry on any day and tickets start from $8.40.
How to Play Set for Life
- For playing Set for life lottery first get the lottery coupon either at the authorized Tatts store or buy it online at Lottery West or Tatts website.
- You should be 18 plus of age and a resident of Australia or New Zealand to play this game
- Choose the date of your play and entry type (the SETS you wish to play)
Ask for a QuickSET
QuickSETS are exclusive to Set for Life and is a quick way to get a SET of numbers for 7 consecutive draws. QuickSETS are tickets where the terminal randomly picks the numbers for you. There is a range of QuickSETS to suit your budget and pricing options are available. You can have QuickSET entries online too.
Fill in a Playslip
Mark your favourite 8 numbers from 1 to 37 to form a SET. You must select a minimum of 2 SETS to play and remember to save your favourite numbers to your Player’s Card. Follow the instructions on the back of the playslip then give your payment to your retailer, who will give you your ticket. Before you leave the store please check your ticket carefully and make sure the numbers, number of SETS, number of draws and the draw date(s) on your ticket are the ones you have chosen. You can also choose your numbers if playing online.
Ask for a System
A System entry is a quick and easy way to increase the number of SETS you play in a draw. The more games you play in each draw, the better your chances of winning. Because playing Systems multiplies the number of SETS you are playing, a winning System entry pays multiple prizes.
If you have lucky numbers and you don’t want to miss a draw, you have the option to purchase tickets for 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 weeks in advance for Set for Life. Mark the appropriate number in the NUMBER OF WEEKS or PLAY MULTIPLE-WEEKS box on the playslip and hand it to your retailer.
You can enter a single draw for up to 6 draws in advance for Set for Life. Mark the ADVANCE PLAY box on the front of your completed playslip and tell your retailer which draw you would like to start your entry from.
What you’ll need to win
Every night, 10 numbers are randomly drawn from 37. The first 8 numbers drawn are the Winning Numbers and the last 2 numbers drawn are the Bonus Numbers. You win if a single SET on your ticket matches the right combination of numbers in a single draw.
As said above there are eight prize levels for Set for Life ranging from 1st Prize to 8th Prize. Set for Life 1st Prize is $20,000 a month for 20 years. Prize levels 2 – 8 are all one-off monetary prizes.
To win a prize, you need to match at least 4 Winning Numbers and one or both Bonus Numbers in any one SET on your Set for Life entry. To know whether you have won or not there are a number of ways you can check your entry:
- Use the ticket checker in-store online or ask your retailer
- Call 1900 919 958. Calls cost 44 cents per minute including GST plus a 15 cents connection fee. Mobiles and pay phones cost extra
- Watch Channel 7 between 7.30pm and 8.30pm every night
- Remember to keep your entry in a safe place as it’s valid for 7 consecutive draws.
The first prize of $20,000 per month is paid out over 20 years to up to four winners. (If there are more than four winners the total prize pool of $19,200,000 is equally divided between each of the winners). In total there are eight prize divisions. Divisions two to eight are one-off payments and are awarded for specific combinations of regular and supplementary numbers.
There are number of ways to claim your prize in case of a win.
Scanning your Tickets
- Have your card scanned in-store at a Tatts Outlet and the lottery terminal will let you know if you have any unclaimed prizes or check online at Tatts website.
- If you have unclaimed prizes registered to your Tatts Card and forget to claim a prize automatically your prize cheque will be send to you four weeks after the draw
- Prizes less than $1,500 and Lucky Lotteries free tickets may be claimed at any Tatts Outlet in Victoria and Tasmania provided that the entry was purchased in one of these jurisdictions. Tickets purchased in the Northern Territory with prizes less than $1,500 and Lucky Lotteries free tickets may be claimed at any Tatts Outlet in the Northern Territory.
Fill the Claim Form
- All prizes over $1,500 can be claimed within six months of a draw by completing the Prize Claim Form and following the instructions at Tatts retail outlets
- Download and complete the Prize Claim Form and include this in an envelope together with the ORIGINAL winning lottery ticket/s and/or syndicate share, remembering to write your name and address on the back of the ticket/s and keep copies for your own records.
- Secure the Prize Claim Form and your ORIGINAL winning lottery tickets in an envelope, affix a postage stamp and post to the address below.
PO Box 888
MELBOURNE VIC 3004
- Your prize payment will be processed and paid within 10 working days of receipt of your Prize Claim Form by Tatts Administration. Cheque payments will be mailed direct to the claimant or, for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), payment will be deposited directly into the nominated bank account.
Claim In Person
- You can lodge your claim in person at the Tatts Victorian Office address listed below, however cash prizes cannot be paid at this address.
Tatts Victorian Office
Level 1, 411 Collins Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
- To lodge your claim in person at Tatts you will need to complete a Prize Claim Form, Present the original lottery ticket, Provide identification such as a Drivers Licence or Passport
- For registered tickets, the Tatts Card to which the ticket is registered must be presented
- Your prize payment will be processed and paid within 10 working days of receipt of your Prize Claim Form by Tatts Administration. Cheque payments will be mailed direct to the claimant or, for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), payment will be deposited into the nominated bank account.
- First division prizes are only available for payment from the first business day two weeks following the draw. All lower division prizes are available the next day (with the exception of The Pools which is available the Tuesday after the draw).
Victoria, Tasmania, Northern Territory
Tatts Victorian Office
1/411 Collins Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
(8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)
- You can call Tatts Customer Service on 131 868 during business hours: 8am – 5pm: Monday to Saturday , 8am – 2pm: Sunday Or Email at email@example.com
- You should be careful with your lottery ticket because it is a bearer document and if it is stolen or you lose it, someone else could claim the prize.
- For help with claiming your prize or to update your details, contact Tatts Lottery online or ask at your local Tatts Outlet Store.