Scratch n win lotteries are also known as instant lotteries. All Australian lottery companies offer “Scratchies” or instants which can be purchased at outlets. You just need to scratch and try to match numbers, complete puzzles or reveal codes to obtain a prize. Instants come in many varieties, usually at $1, $1.10, $2, $3, $4, $5, $10, $15 and $20 price levels. Although games are often shared between lottery companies, scratchies purchased in one Australian state are not often exchangeable in another.
A scratchcard (called a scratch off, scratch ticket, scratcher, scratchie, scratch-it, scratch game, scratch-and-win, instant game or instant lottery in different places) is a small card, often made of thin paper-based card for competitions and plastic to conceal PINs, where one or more areas contain concealed information which can be revealed by scratching off an opaque covering.
In some cases the entire scratchable area needs to be scratched to see whether a prize has been won—the card is printed either to be a winner or not—or to reveal the secret code; the result does not depend upon what portions are scratched off. In other cases, some but not all areas have to be scratched; this may apply in a quiz, where the area corresponding to the right answer is scratched, or in some gambling applications where, depending on which areas are scratched, the card wins or loses. In these cases the card becomes invalid if too many areas are scratched. After losing one can scratch all areas to see if, how, and what one could have won with this card.
What Scratch n win Games you can play at Lotterywest?
You can play any Scratch n win game between price $1- $20 as said above. Depending on the value of the ticket, prizes can range from $2 to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Of course, you should be aware at the time of buying a ticket that some or all of the prizes in that game may have been won.
- $1 and $2 Games are fun, easy and quick to play – great if you’ve only got a few spare moments to try your luck at cash prizes up to $20,000.
- $3 Games take a little longer, like Bingo and ever-popular Word Play ticket. This ticket is very easy to play – you simply scratch to reveal each letter, then match that letter wherever it appears in the Word Play panel to make three or more complete words.
- $5 Games offer a wide variety of game styles, all with the chance to win up to $100,000 cash. The light gaming style tickets such as Roulette, Poker and Blackjack offer great returns and a bit of a challenge. The long-play $5 Word Play offers the same great mechanic as the popular $3 Word Play with even more play value. In addition to these, other multiple-panel games are on offer at various times throughout the year at Lotterywest to offer a fun and easy play mechanic with great cash prizes to be won.
- $10 Games offer fantastic value with great odds around 1 in 3.2, the highest prize payout at 68%, minimum cash prize of $20, and the biggest top prize offering – $300,000.
- $20 Games are premium tickets and are packed with play value. These games are simple to play, offer a large prize pool, have great odds of winning and multiple top prizes.
Some games you need to match three dollar amounts or symbols in each game panel. Other games have a lucky number mechanic where you require only one number match to win. There are also Word Play and Bingo and many other different games. Make sure you read the play instructions carefully to check the rules for each game.
Eligibility to Play Scratch n Win Game at Lotterywest
Under the Lotteries Commission Act, you must be 16 years or over to purchase any Lottery Game. Also you need to prove that you are a resident of Western Australia.
How to play Scratch n Win at Lotterywest?
- Simply buy a Scratch n Win game you wish to play at lotterywest website online or have the ticket from the lotterywest retailer shop.
- If you buy ticket only then you need to register yourself at the website of Lotterywest.
- Choose the instant win game to you wish to Scratch like Word Play, Quick Cash, King’s ransom, Fortune, Cash Vault, Snow Globe and many such of a kind available online or at retailers.
- Read the rules of the game and what you need to do in the ticket
- Scratch the right answer and win.
How to know the Winner of Scratch n Win lottery?
If you’re not sure if your ticket is a winner, you can check it using the ticket checker at your local Lotterywest outlet, or ask your Lotterywest retailer to check the ticket for you. They’ll scan the ticket barcode into the terminal, which will instantly advise if your ticket is a winner. If the retailer doesn’t have a terminal they can ring Lotterywest to verify your win.
Where does the money go?
- The prizes available on each Scratch’n’Win ticket vary depending on the cost of the ticket. But as a guide almost 60% of sales from lotteries at Lotterwest goes in prizes to the players.
- A further 33% goes back to the Western Australian community including to health, sports, the arts and through the Lotterywest Grants Program.
- Lotterywest’s operating costs account for around 7% of revenue. Another 8% is paid in commission, which is added to the price of the tickets, and subsequently to the Lotterywest retailers who sell games.
Are Scratch n Win lotteries safe to play?
All Scratch’n’Win tickets are computer generated and printed under strict security conditions. Each ticket in each game is unique. The printing process ensures that no ticket can be tampered with, altered or mistreated in any way to reveal the game underneath. The latex is also designed to disintegrate on scratching to retain the integrity of each ticket.
How to claim for prizes if winning Scratch n Win Lottery
- Your winning ticket is a bearer ticket. It’s just like cash, so please keep it safe at all times.
- Make sure you read the play instructions on the back of the ticket to check the rules for each game.
- If you’re not sure if your ticket is a winner, you can check it using the ticket checker at your local Lotterywest outlet, or ask your Lotterywest retailer to check the ticket for you. They’ll scan the ticket barcode into the terminal which will instantly advise if your ticket is a winner. If the retailer doesn’t have a terminal they can ring Lotterywest to verify your win.
- Division 1, Scratch’n’Win Top Prizes must be claimed from Lotterywest during office hours at address is 74 Walters Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017. There is a validation period that ends 14 days after the draw.
- All other prizes can be claimed from Lotterywest or from payout centre at Doogues Newsagency, Murrary Street Mall, Perth. Prizes up to and including $500 can be collected from any Lotterywest store.
- Lotterywest pays prizes up to $2,000 via EFTPOS. Alternatively, prizes can be paid via Direct Credit when you provide your BSB and account number. Lotterywest does not pay prizes via cash.
- Doogues pay prizes over $500 via cheque. Please contact Doogues for information on their payout.
- Under the Lotteries Commission Act, 1990, prizes can only be claimed and paid for up to 12 months after the date of the draw in the case of Scratch’n’Win, after the last ticket of the game was issued by Lotterywest for sale. Unclaimed prizes are returned to the WA community through Lotterywest grants.